Working with a global finance organisation for a team of senior leaders spread globally to make performance gains through increased collaboration and a collective goal.
Effective teamwork is difficult to foster in localised departments let alone the international, multi time zone arenas that are present in many remote teams in professional services.
Without the luxury of water cooler discussions and spontaneous interactions, remote teams often require a far more sophisticated understanding of high performing team work. Competitive markets make teamwork a vital profit enabler.
In an industry which requires high levels of problem solving and innovation collaboration is king. However, remote teams lack the ease and benefit of face-to-face communication.
How We Helped
Our insistence is that “teamwork becomes easy once you know how difficult it is”. In order to unite a multinational remote based team we created the following structure for a highly interactive team building day.
- Provide a clear framework for a high performing team.
- Challenge to complete together through interactive games.
- Assess the team’s performance on the task against their defined success criteria.
- Deliver specific, clear feedback at individual and group level.
13 senior leaders specialising in global risk assessment located throughout the EMEA region set about the task of creating a magazine communicating their proposition to other departments within their organisation.
- Improving Performance
- Increasing Engagement
- Business Growth
- Leadership Growth
- Accelerating Development
- Commercial Innovation
- Optimising Effectiveness
- Catalysing Change
- “The activity stimulated thought – provoking discussion that generated further debate into the evening.”
- “Superb way of exploring challenges and providing the stimulus to solve together.”
- “Set the foundations for us to work as a team, now the work really begins.”
- A conscious decision to commit collectively towards working as a team, rather than being driven by external forces
- A decision to identify a clear and measurable goal for the team to achieve before the end of a six month period
- A clear and measurable criteria of how they will work as a team, to be reviewed after six months
Magazine From Start to Finish
A 28-page magazine with unique content from each member of an 11-person team created in just eight hours.
Highly Positive NPS Feedback
80% of participants would highly recommend this workshop to others.